The West Market Landscape Committee is the organization responsible for advising the
Board of Directors on the management and maintenance of the West Market common
area landscape and outdoor environment, and on related landscape and outdoor
amenities of the Association.
The Committee’s objectives are:
- Assure an effective program is in place to preserve the residents’ property values
and the Association’s landscape and environmental assets.
- Implement policies that protect West Market’s woodlands, streams and wetlands.
- Enhance existing landscape and amenities through both short and long-term improvement projects.
- To consider the safety of West Market residents in the management of Landscape Committee projects.
List of Priorities and Deliverables for FY2019:
- Winter Maintenance – assess what needs replacement and repair after the spring walk-around with Neil and Karen. Implement needed changes/upgrades.
- Installation of one additional 10’ Nellie Steven Hollie on Logan Manor to the existing two trees.
- Chancery Circle Fountain beds – Upgrade landscape beds.
- Annual Turf renovation of common areas in West Market, and some private properties of Park Place.
- Removal of 5 dead trees within West Market, in addition to some major elevation pruning of approximately 10-12 trees.
- Liriope added to two areas of West Market to fill in empty spaces near Pool.
- 2 Burning Bushes renovational pruning throughout West Market.
- Elevation pruning of many trees along Town Center Parkway.
- Daffodills added in naturalized areas of West Market.
- Oversee installation of Ivy planted along Town Center Parkway, in front of Iron Fences.
- Inspect all of West Market Landscape, and advise board of the state of ground upkeep.
General: All committee actions are subject to Board approval pursuant to Article X of the Association Bylaws. Committees are also bound by the open meeting provisions of the Virginia Property Owners’ Association Act, which requires that:
1. All committee meetings shall be preceded by reasonable notice to the community. The Board requires that its committees provide notice on the West Market Web site: at least one week is preferred absent extenuating circumstances (more if the committee is able to do so), and in all events no less than three days in advance of such meetings. Notice should be provided to our on-site manager who will ensure it is properly posted.
2. All committee meetings shall be open to all members of the West Market Community Association, and each meeting shall have a designated period of time available for members to comment on matters germane to the committee meeting.
3. Any agenda materials made available to committee members in advance of meetings should also be available for inspection by members of our community (at the same time they are provided to committee members) by providing copies to our on-site manager (in addition to making them available at the meeting).
4. Committees, per the language of the Act quoted here, may “not use work sessions or other informal gatherings … to circumvent the open meeting requirements.”
|Joy Horr||Chair ||
|Lawanna DeBlois ||Member || |
|David Adamusko|| Member|| |
| Russel Marr || Member|| |
Schedule: Third Wednesday of each month
Location: West Market Clubhouse